Magister bibliotekarstva/magistrica bibliotekarstva
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Magister bibliotekarstva/magistrica bibliotekarstvaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Master's degree in library science|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Master’s degree|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Master's education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 120 credits|
Social sciences, journalism and information
|ISCED subfield||subfield: library, information and archival studies|
Students will be able to:
- manage libraries and similar institutions involved in collecting, storing and providing information,
- promote and enhance the profile of libraries and similar institutions involved in collecting, storing and providing information,
- critically apply new developments in the theory and practice of their professional and occupational field,
- undertake autonomous research and publish research results and take part in group research and development work,
- demonstrate creativity and originality in routine and development work and research in own field,
- show awareness of the importance and role of information in a concrete institution and in modern society in general.
Examination performance is graded as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
In order to progress to the second year, students must have completed course units totalling 90% of the credits prescribed by the curriculum for the individual year (i.e. 54 out of 60 credits).
Third-cycle doctoral study programmes (SQF level 10)
To complete their studies, students must complete all course units for all subjects in which they have enrolled, and write and defend a master's thesis.
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...