Hortikulturni tehnik/hortikulturna tehnica
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Hortikulturni tehnik/hortikulturna tehnicaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Horticultural technician|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Upper secondary technical education|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Upper vocational-technical education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 120 credits|
The programme can be attended by anyone who has completed the programme of secondary vocational education and acquired one of the following titles: gardener, florist.
Agriculture, forestry, fisheries and veterinary
|ISCED subfield||subfield: horticulture|
The holder of the certificate is qualified to:
- plan business activities in horticultural production while respecting the principles of sustainable development;
- prepare a simple business plan for the field of horticulture and drawing up calculations;
- ensure adequate conditions to produce vegetables, ornamental cabbage plants and trees, their reproduction and cultivation;
- safely handle harmful and dangerous substances as well as horticultural product waste;
- apply modern marketing approaches and market horticultural products and services;
- preserve natural assets and cultural heritage;
- protect and use the natural energy and raw material resources in a rational manner;
- work independently with accuracy and a sense of responsibility;
- co-operate in a group, communicate with co-workers, specialists and customers in oral and written form using the fundamental specialist horticultural terminology;
- communicate with co-workers, customers and others in organisation of work and implementation of individual tasks and problem solving;
- use modern information and communication technology to communicate, plan and organise, implement economic work and work procedures in the scope of work;
Growing Ornamental Plants
- grow, cultivate and protect ornamental cabbage plants and trees growing outdoors and in a secured area, while following the principles of health and environment protection as well as knowing how to implement them;
Landscape Design Basics
- prepare the ground, set up pre-constructed elements, plant, cultivate and maintain green surfaces;
Logistics in gardening
- apply fundamental knowledge of logistics in planning and implementing the flow of material, services, information and financial resources from supplier to user in horticulture;
Special Plant Protection
- identify agents causing disease symptoms and harm to ornamental cabbage plants, vegetables, trees, fruit trees and berry bushes, select a suitable measure to be undertaken and implement protection measures;
Horticultural Design Basics
- design a simple idea, sketch, outlay sketches and plan of horticultural elements in space;
Marketing and Promotion of Slovene Products and Services
- market and promote Slovene products and services;
Designing and Arranging Landscape with Plants
- design and arrange landscape by using plants;
Designing Residential and Business Environment with Plants
- design residential and business environment by using flowers;
Designing and Arranging Natural and Urban Landscapes
- design and arrange natural, cultural and urban landscapes;
Technology and Horticulture
- implement technological procedures of vegetable, herb and fruit tree cultivation.
In addition, the holder of the certificate also upgraded his/her key professional skills and competences with key general knowledge and skills in line with national standards.
Students' vocational abilities and skills and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the relevant education programme are established through verification and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using grades from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Students may progress to the next year if at the end of the academic year they achieve a passing grade in all general education subjects and relevant vocational modules set out in the school's operational curriculum, and have completed all extracurricular activities and practical on-the-job training, or progress on the basis of a programme faculty decision.
Hortikulturni tehnik/hortikulturna tehnica
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 6 / EQF 5
Matura/vocational course, higher vocational education (SQF level 6), professional higher education (SQF level 7) and academic higher education (SQF level 7)
Students must successfully (i.e. with passing grades) complete all general education subjects, compulsory vocational modules, elective vocational modules and the open part of the curriculum. They must also complete extracurricular activities and work placement requirements and pass the vocational matura examination. The vocational matura comprises a compulsory section (written and oral examinations in Slovene and holticulture) and an elective section (written and oral examination in a foreign language or mathematics and a product/service with oral presentation).
Vocational and technical secondary schools and adult education institutions.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...