|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Dimnikar/dimnikarkaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Chimney sweep|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Upper secondary vocational education|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Upper secondary vocational education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 180 credits|
|ISCED subfield||subfield: domestic services|
Certificate-holders will be able to:
- clean various types of flues using the appropriate tools,
- select a suitable cleaning method and tools for cleaning combustion plants with regard to the type of fuel and the type of combustion plant,
- take measurements and monitor parameters relating to pollution caused by smoke emissions into the atmosphere,
- provide advice regarding fire safety and fire extinguishing and take appropriate action in the event of a fire in combustion plants and flues,
- carry out special technical procedures to clean flues while observing safety measures,
- carry out procedures for the chemical cleaning and conservation of combustion plants,
- carry out regular preventive inspections and extraordinary inspections,
- observe the principles of health protection, safety at work and protection of the environment.
- carry out building work using all basic types of bricks and blocks,
- correctly install waterproofing and thermal and acoustic insulation and use appropriate materials,
- process, install and protect elements and make simple wooden structures using traditional carpentry joints,
- install insulation in drywall elements, fit partition walls and ceilings and carry out finishing of drywall elements,
- install simple tiled stoves with combustion chamber and flue connection,
- erect and dismantle various types of prefabricated scaffolding and maintain the component parts of prefabricated scaffolding.
Certificate holders build on their key vocational knowledge and abilities with key general knowledge in line with national standards.
Students' vocational abilities and skills, and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the relevant education programme are established through verification and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using scores from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Students may progress to the next year if at the end of the academic year they achieve passing grades in all general education subjects and relevant vocational modules set out in the school’s operational curriculum, and have completed all extracurricular activities and practical on-the-job training, or progress on the basis of a programme faculty decision.
Secondary technical, vocational or vocational-technical education; master craftsman/foreman/shop manager examination (SQF level 5)
Students must successfully complete all general education subjects, compulsory vocational modules and the open part of the curriculum. They must also complete extracurricular activities and work placement requirements and pass a school-leaving examination. The school-leaving examination comprises a written and oral examination in Slovene, a product and an oral presentation.
Vocational and technical secondary schools and adult education institutions.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...