|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Aromaterapevt/aromaterapevtkaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Aromatherapist|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 5|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
At least upper secondary vocational education.
|ISCED subfield||subfield: hair and beauty services|
The candidate is able to:
- independently plan and organize their own work and the work of others in accordance with work standards in aromatherapy;
- to ensure the quality and performance of work in the work environment in accordance with the quality work standards in aromatherapy;
- use aromatherapy preparations and materials, aids, energy and time responsibly and economically when performing aromatherapy;
- responsibly maintain personal hygiene and order and hygiene of the working environment in accordance with standards and regulations and ensure compliance with regulations related to safety and health at work and the environment;
- promote the sale of aromatherapy services in accordance with the principles of a good seller;
- in their work, communicate independently with colleagues, experts and business partners using modern information and communication technology;
- independently conduct an interview with the client regarding the choice and course of aromatherapy using professional terminology and following the principles of successful communication;
- independently prepare an aromatherapy plan and prepare the client for aromatherapy in accordance with the professional principles of working in aromatherapy, taking into account the client's wishes and needs;
- perform aromatherapy independently, taking into account the professional principles of aromatherapy and the code of professional ethics of aromatherapists;
- independently advise the client on the correct use of aromatherapy in accordance with the professional principles of aromatherapy and the code of professional ethics of aromatherapists.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
In a practical work assignment, the candidate demonstrates mastery of the required occupational competences according to the requirements of the occupational standard. In addition to the practical assignment, there is also an oral defense of the completed assignment, which includes a knowledge test in accordance with the occupational standard Aromatherapist.
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SOK 6 / EOK 5
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...