|Name of qualification||
Name of qualificationMesar/mesarkaAdd to comparison
|Translated title (no legal status)||
|Type of qualification||
Type of qualificationUpper secondary vocational education
|Category of qualification||
Category of qualificationEducational Qualification
|Type of education||
Type of educationUpper secondary vocational education
Duration of education
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
SQF LevelSQF 4
EQF LevelEQF 4
Certificate-holders will be able to:
- prepare for work correctly,
- select, prepare and correctly store raw materials,
- correctly handle machinery and implements used in butchery,
- correctly cut up, bone, process and categorise meat,
- make pressed and dried meat products,
- carry out heat treatment of meat products and ready-to-serve dishes,
- correctly pack and store meat and meat products,
- successfully offer and sell meat and meat products,
- advise buyers,
- work in a group and communicate with co-workers and customers,
- use information and communication technologies,
- protect health and the environment, and rationally use natural energy sources and raw materials,
- observe hygiene, safety and other foodstuff regulations.
Certificate holders build on their key vocational knowledge and abilities with key general knowledge in line with national standards.
Assessment and completion
Assesment and completion
Students' vocational abilities and skills, and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the relevant education programme are established through verification and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using scores from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Students may progress to the next year if at the end of the academic year they achieve passing grades in all general education subjects and relevant vocational modules set out in the school’s operational curriculum, and have completed all extracurricular activities and practical on-the-job training, or progress on the basis of a programme faculty decision.
Secondary technical, vocational or vocational-technical education; master craftsman/foreman/shop manager examination (SQF level 5)
Condition for obtaining certificate
Conditions for obtaining a public document
Students must successfully complete general education subjects, compulsory vocational modules and the open part of the curriculum. They must also complete extracurricular activities and work placement requirements and pass a school-leaving examination.
The school-leaving examination comprises a written and oral examination in Slovene, a product/service and an oral presentation.
Vocational and technical secondary schools and adult education institutions.
Awarding body URL
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Congress centre Brdo, Predoslje 39, 4000...