Magister politologije/magistrica politologije
|Name of qualification||
Name of qualificationMagister politologije/magistrica politologijeAdd to comparison
|Translated title (no legal status)||
Translated titleMaster's degree in political science
|Type of qualification||
Type of qualificationMaster’s degree
|Category of qualification||
Category of qualificationEducational Qualification
|Type of education||
Type of educationMaster's education
Duration of education
Social sciences, journalism and information
SQF LevelSQF 8
EQF LevelEQF 7
EOVK LevelSecond level
Students will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of concepts, key institutions of the Balkan states, and the functioning of political processes,
- demonstrate adequate methodological knowledge in the field of qualitative and quantitative methodologies,
- research political science phenomena and demonstrate mastery of the theoretical knowledge necessary to research them,
- take part in a research project in all its phases,
- draw up a research report,
- produce a lengthy technical text that is verified by the completed master's thesis.
Assesment and completion
Examination performance is graded as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
The programme has a one-year duration so there is no progression to subsequent years.
Third-cycle doctoral study programmes (SQF level 10)
Conditions for obtaining a public document
In order to complete the programme, students must complete all course units in all subjects in which they have enrolled and successfully defend a master's thesis via a public presentation.
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Sciences
Awarding body URL
Introductory International Conference: Monitoring the Implementation of the Slovenian Qualifications Framework
Slovenian National Coordination Point for EQF in cooperation with the European Center for the Development of Vocational...