Geodetski tehnik/geodetska tehnica
|Name of qualification||
Name of qualificationGeodetski tehnik/geodetska tehnicaAdd to comparison
|Translated title (no legal status)||
Translated titleGeodetic Technician
|Type of qualification||
Type of qualificationUpper secondary technical education
|Category of qualification||
Category of qualificationEducational Qualification
|Type of education||
Type of educationUpper secondary technical education
Duration of education
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
SQF LevelSQF 5
EQF LevelEQF 4
Certificate-holders will be able to:
- use specific professional terminology,
- use modern information and communications technology to find, evaluate, save, process and use spatial information,
- carry out basic geodetic measuring procedures and numerically process and present measurement data,
- participate in work with geodetic spatial records, maintain these records and issue data to clients,
- keep business and working documentation in the field of land surveying,
- participate in surveying work in the construction of buildings and transport and utilities infrastructure,
- take into account and apply applicable legislation and regulations governing the land surveying field,
- plan and organise field surveying procedures,
- prepare a land surveying tender for a client,
- use modern computer equipment to numerically and graphically process field measurements, process measurement data and undertake planning.
Certificate holders build on their key vocational knowledge and abilities with key general knowledge in line with national standards.
Assessment and completion
Assesment and completion
Students' vocational abilities and skills and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the relevant education programme are established through verification and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using scores from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Students may progress to a higher year if at the end of the academic year they achieve a passing grade in all general education subjects and relevant vocational modules set out in the school's operational curriculum for the year and have completed all extracurricular activities and all work placement requirements, or progress on the basis of a decision of the programme teaching staff.
Matura/vocational course, higher vocational education (SQF level 6), professional higher education (SQF level 7) and academic higher education (SQF level 7)
Condition for obtaining certificate
Conditions for obtaining a public document
Students must successfully complete general education subjects, compulsory vocational modules, elective vocational modules and the open part of the curriculum. Candidates must also complete extracurricular activities and work placement requirements and pass the vocational matura examination.
The vocational matura comprises a compulsory section (written and oral examinations in Slovene and land surveying) and an elective section (written and oral examination in a foreign language or mathematics, and a product/service with oral presentation).
Vocational and technical secondary schools and adult education institutions.
Awarding body URL
Introductory International Conference: Monitoring the Implementation of the Slovenian Qualifications Framework
Slovenian National Coordination Point for EQF in cooperation with the European Center for the Development of Vocational...