Doktor znanosti/doktorica znanosti s področja kineziologije
|Name of qualification||
Name of qualificationDoktor znanosti/doktorica znanosti s področja kineziologijeAdd to comparison
|Translated title (no legal status)||
Translated titleDoctorate in the field of kinesiology
|Type of qualification||
Type of qualificationDoctorate
|Category of qualification||
Category of qualificationEducational Qualification
|Type of education||
Type of educationDoctoral education
Duration of education
SQF LevelSQF 10
EQF LevelEQF 8
EOVK LevelThird level
Students will be able to:
- independently and creatively perform scientific research and development work in the field of kinesiology,
- follow and correctly evaluate the latest achievements in the broader field of kinesiology,
- demonstrate a critical attitude to the results of own research and development work,
- perform creative and independent work on scientific research problems,
- work in a team of experts from various fields,
- use contemporary kinesiological methods and procedures in resolving research and development problems,
- place kinesiology in the broader social context,
- report on work and the results to the field of global kinesiology and society.
Assesment and completion
Examination performance is scored as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
Study requirements amounting to at least 50 credits must be met for progression from the first to the second year of doctoral studies. Candidates who have met all of the study requirements for organised forms of study from the first and second year may enrol in the third year of post-graduate doctoral studies.
Conditions for obtaining a public document
Candidates must complete all requirements defined by the study programme and successfully present their doctoral dissertation in the total amount of 180 ECTS credits. Doctoral candidates must publish at least one scientific article in the field of their doctorate in a journal indexed by the SCI. The doctoral candidate must be the lead author of the article. The scientific article must be published or accepted for publication before the oral presentation of the doctoral dissertation.
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Sport
Awarding body URL
Introductory International Conference: Monitoring the Implementation of the Slovenian Qualifications Framework
Slovenian National Coordination Point for EQF in cooperation with the European Center for the Development of Vocational...